Re: LF: Coherent BPSK on LF using EbNaut

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Coherent BPSK on LF using EbNaut
From: Domenico IZ7SLZ <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 16:37:02 +0200
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=IqY8RTVtJKqNQoWtOjLdjvJBVUbTXIYtpF1jOh83AS8=; b=bCUBDVYSH6w3CbXheROSGTloE7jWt73P+Ej9FvpTIPwlzNSq2BTYbAHuTvC1LWBM9k kSpnbXdTA2QCVCTHrHNbhvcfks1YeGpuBB0Y5Heyj7EJnSz6wjuVwyoLeDw7aTpbFJLw o3xOpQ/JZg+ac0KodPbPHkdUxTYq8mrVcHwD4uyDG20/R1P3HHvc6okmPbdrY17Sm4VN zsVxwi6aLP4bS+9WhXcK6c2q+swq5E4rHZZ91ilx/gRyulmdbFNBnwEBIYAxNnkad2Uv 7I0CXtTa1PRdh3Z26Rbhh8SkHQWcIfcO/s+/RvbepMSWOM2UL77FoXhpjNslcCel5UFo 9nRA==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Andy,  all
thanks for interesting at this test.

Yes, Spectrum Lab is the right program to manage the audio from receiver also in this case. The SL configuration used in LF_EbNaut experiment basically is the same of the DF6NM OPDS setup  downloadable at Markus' site:

Markus, as usual, includes all informations necessary to do the proper changes according to the hardware at disposal.

In my setup, i used SL to do many things: calibrate the sample-rate,  manage the ptt at scheduled time,  generate a precise tone to drive my SSB exciter,  create some screenshots of the waterfall and - most important -  export, every 10 minutes,  the FFT raw data of the reception periods.

Markus will explain better than me this matter, but exporting FFT instead of .WAV file seems a good solution to avoid some issues encountered with the  .wav  recording function of SL.
He wrote a program (named ebnaut_ifft2.exe) able to convert FFT raw data  to wav file,  inserting the appropriate timestamp.

After this conversion,  Ebnaut-rx can be used, but it needs of some - very sensitive -  offset entry. For that,  you need to become skilled with the use of some other Markus' tools that plot the symbol phase before the full EbNaut-rx search.

But, if the clock  and the  frequency have very small drift in both TX and RX sides, than you can use the same measured parameters to catch the next transmitted messages.

73, Domenico (iz7slz)