Re: LF: Coherent BPSK on LF using EbNaut

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Coherent BPSK on LF using EbNaut
From: Bill de Carle <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 10:41:35 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
At 08:29 AM 9/25/2015, John, W1TAG wrote:

Somewhere around February, 2004, Bill de Carle, VE2IQ, came out with a version of AFRICAM that implemented GPS-synched BPSK. A number of us played with it in the 160-190 kHz U.S. "Lowfer" band. The GPS sync greatly reduced the lock-in time at the decoder end, and was quite effective. When the first of the U.S. experimental stations arrived on 2200 meters later that year, we tried it down there, again with good results among a small group of listeners. Given the small target audience, we all moved on other things.

Anyway, just to note for historical purposes that some of this has been done before!

John, W1TAG

I remember the night I first decoded CT1DRP's callsign on LF using GPS-sync'd DFCW (60 seconds per bit).
Here's the first page of the run:  http://www.magma.ca/~ve2iq/ct1drp.pdf
I believe the date was somewhere around April of 2003?

Ah, the nostalgia!
Thanks for the plug John.
Bill VE2IQ