Re: LF: Facebook LF/MF Amateur Radio Group

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Facebook LF/MF Amateur Radio Group
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 00:49:20 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
No Mal we didn't "try" to close it, we would have succeeded only if everyone had
accepted the Yahoo Group requested by the majority but some refused so
following the concensus it was left running on the proviso that if it
crashed it could not be restarted because we have no access to the server.
The old software has proved robust :-)) and with the threat of Yahoo behind
it Blacksheep has continued to operate. It has been live for 20 years now!!
That is from before many of the Groups and Lists even started,which is why
it is a simple text-based system.

We repeat we cannot do anything about its operation or maintenance, it will
remain there as long as the hardware and software keep running. Sadly for
new LFers all the wisdom of the years is lost, because Blacksheep has no
archive, one of the main reasons there was a movement towards Yahoo.

Alan
G3NYK.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mal Hamilton" <[email protected]>