Re: LF: Re: Band is open to VK!

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Band is open to VK!
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 18:07:38 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Fausto, LF,

>> do not forget that in 1901 Guglielmo Marconi received a signal across the Atlantic at a frequency around 500 kHz

...did he really? I think there is some doubt around this story. With a coherer, it would be very hard to prove the difference between receiving a signal consisting of just three dots, and false triggering by random statics. Considering a situation where a success was badly needed, the reception may well have been the result of wishful thinking.

Today we'd simply say "show us the screenshot" ;-)

Best 73,
Markus

Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 9:59 PM

:-)) I have a 8 motor drone but can fly only 20 minutes with one Kg payload.
A kite or baloon is better.
Seriously speaking, the difficulties are very big, as rightly says Stefan 160 meters band, has a very different behavior but, do not forget that in 1901 Guglielmo Marconi received a signal across the Atlantic at a frequency around 500 kHz and with a receiver that in comparison with those of today was a tack. Ok were "only" 3500 Km.
Today what are we doing more with our ultramodern equipment?
Today we have SDR, filters, DSP, noise reducer, Marconi at Signal Hill had a drop of mercury.
Today obtain a considerable power is relatively easy and inexpensive,
114 years ago there were only Ruhmkorff coils then, how much power was actually radiated
no one ever taken the trouble to measure it.
But as they did then my compatriot to get those great results: trying, trying and trying again trying to improve something every day.
The important thing is to think that nothing is impossible, maybe improbable but not impossible.
Tonight I bored with the history of telegraphy...:-)

73, Fausto IK4NMF