Re: LF: what causes this on wspr

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: what causes this on wspr
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 21:10:15 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi G

You ask the question as if you know the answer. Again.

Hilary Briss is the Butcher in Royston Vasey.

Are you the RX station in the WSPR X capture?  I ask because the transmission started off normal and after a short time went into overload, was this at the RX end, or did the TX start some odd problem, who's TX is it ? It looks like the same station throughout the capture. At 06:38 plus a short period the transmission was curtailed was there a problem again.

Re the U3S problem, I don't know who thought they were key clicks. I identified them as PLL glitches 5 months ago. They don't produce parallel  spaced sidebands as in your capture, they, (like key clicks, would be horizontal in your capture) are spikes which extend way out of the WSPR capture window and as far as KHz as far as my measurement capabilities show, on the higher frequency bands.

It seems that Andy understands this problem well.

73 Eddie