Re: LF: MF mobile ?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: MF mobile ?
From: John Langridge <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 13:55:59 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=sbcglobal.net; s=s2048; t=1432821362; bh=Ge72Lo5nk0ZxLP5xO1xARoU7Qyacc4lZlDFJkcjiuVo=; h=Date:From:Reply-To:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:From:Subject; b=LSQ0eercoZfxfWFP6ty5/9UPzEY/049/Hw86/xOL9CdOW48ME1RG7PrvXVtlkWkNdPx39jckM6IAVXo6/AhIDzctcWn44v5ZEC0HGnPIwXVZzQtM1VhdnPH6f6/1WzJ0k5s9fZyHlzx2L/iN/cJaED9fTs/YKeZ/Jpb6AjESswvTLyVq1Xi0TMkE8tif9CohutWUrkwAZ4gK/j7m7IyDfhSd531Tn97e5mCS/9w1Spt04LmKTfwffBHFY6FpxBHwX5d07Mq+pDzfyR1qDu3HylqUWaSxlFe4+0Kb3a5BUs+PKlFf2eoOkw5393B45MR+eeBQ+q5xO0XCvpyV2WHSTQ==
Sender: [email protected]
>But you need to consider the changing angle of the wire while driving.

I've always felt like the match change due to antenna angle could be regulated in realtime with a motorized vario or other matching elements controlled with an arduino or comparable platform, possibly using scopematch-style sensing... So as the match changes due to speed, crosswinds, etc, the match could be touched up.  Thats a lot going on on the roof of a moving vehicle but seems reasonable enough for many adventerous souls.

The NPRM for 630m here in the US does not allow for true mobile operation as it currently stands but its nice to be able to live vicariously through colleagues around the world.

73!

John KB5NJD / WG2XIQ..