Re: LF: MF 630m: False Decode or Real?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF 630m: False Decode or Real?
From: g3zjo <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 11:14:02 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Wolf / LF

Don't you know that several of us are using Opera to reveal intelligent life in other Galaxy's, occasionally we do get a random two bit number. We are now desperately trying to get an internet connection, then we will know, Who they are, Where they are, What Power they are running, The antenna used, The distance to their planet and When the message was transmitted.

Like yourself because of the internet information exchanged, even prior to deep search, I lost interest in the the mode for Amateur Radio. But its great for comedy, like part quoting a statement in RadComm proves that WSPR produces false decodes which makes Opera legit. I don't know of any case of WSPR producing a false decode with a valid Callsign, Locator, Power and Time. Quoting the rest of the paragraph makes it clear, ## such false (WSPR) decodes are rare but they do happen. They can always be spotted: false hits as the callsign (even if it has a valid prefix) is unlikely to agree with the locator information field.##

Admittedly WSPR was ill conceived, it needs to have 5 data units not 4 to remove the need to use two transmissions to send commonly needed /P etc. but its good and we are stuck with it until the next major development comes along.

Opera has made a fool of too many vulnerable operators.

73
Eddie G3ZJO