Re: LF: Re: SAQ listenership results.

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: SAQ listenership results.
From: "Hans-Joachim Brandt" <[email protected]>
Date: 07 Jan 2015 23:30 GMT
Sender: [email protected]
Dear SAQ listeners,

there might also be another influence why the number of SAQ reports
from
Germany has increased so much within the last two years, compared to the
UK:

In our german radio amateur publication CQ-DL May 2013 I have published
an article about reception of SAQ using a portable, crystal controlled
receiver using a loop areal, consuming about 25 mA from a 9-V-battery.
The reason to build such a receiver has been that even at my qth in a
small village in eastern Bavaria I had problems receiving SAQ because
of
noise from the mains and from a photovoltaic installation. 300 meters
outside my village, however, I have no problems so far receiving SAQ
with 579 or even better. In summer 2014 the number of reports to SAQ
from Germany suddenly has increased from the usual about 100 to 186 in
the final report! So far, however, I do not have any proven information

how many of these reports may have been based on using a portable
receiver. The preliminary SAQ report of xmas 2014 already shows 160
reports from Germany.

But this is not all. Being a long time member of the british G-QRP-Club
I have also sent an english version of the description of my portable
SAQ receiver to the G-QRP-Club, keeping in mind that SPRAT is
distributed
even worldwide. But this article has not been regarded a QRP matter, and

I had been informed that it would have a chance to be published in SPRAT

only in case of insufficient numbers of real QRP articles.

Of course this answer has been rather disappointing for me, but in a
certain
way may be part of the present situation.

HW?

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB