LF: RE: Summer Solstice Test report

To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Summer Solstice Test report
From: "Dave G3WCB." <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:33:09 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btopenworld.com; s=btcpcloud; t=1403728392; bh=bHdV0ZrBHgToiIeUTMNAGyPgkcPguSCX5dMTGgVA1t8=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To; b=awprwFfkzVANv1YfMK/xRPpRnk4zi1WmKMWD0MeENTtPfRUR3iGwfIk9T/y4l5Hz/Is1Cz5dVZ15cKn5k2Oxa0yvZQzhJsz+Lq7fzCpra1Sxj7vZup8ptykI7jpD5CMF6fQyqMEwdk6arAzeCv/qSA9lVBklksp+A3Us5zon2V8=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi, Mike.

It was an interesting experiment. I was getting similar night-time ranges
during the Solstice Test as I was getting during the winter.
LF activity is probably lower during the summer as all the lush vegetation
needs pruning, lawns need mowing and gardens digging, leaving less time for
amateur radio!

My LF WSPR beacon will stay on overnight, then QRT for a few days. Will
probably be back on WSPR-2/630m after that, unless any requests received for
continued operation on 137 kHz.

LF equipment is a QRSS Labs U2 driving an outboard PA. 200W RF out, 1.5A
antenna current into 20m long "tee" at 5m, surrounded by lush vegetation...

73, Dave G3WCB IO91RM