Re: LF: TA CW QSO on MF band is not a scoop !

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TA CW QSO on MF band is not a scoop !
From: wolf_dl4yhf <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 20:41:01 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Especially when we consider that 1 W ERP is the legal limit in most parts of EU...

 :o)

73,
  Wolf .

Am 06.05.2014 16:01, schrieb André Guyé:
Hi to all.

Sure, it is not necessary to plan QRO for CW coming from Joe.

Here I heard often the signal coming from Joe last winter, and also just some last days around 0200 TU on QRSS with 559 good signal by ears !

I heard also some years ago CW QSO around 507 kHz between local US stations, and also between Finbar and VE / W stations. Did you remember about these tests ?

Here I have a QRP MF TX, so I cannot play that. But I am sure that any west EU station using 10 Watts ERP, can manage again this challenge, when the conditions are good.

But my ultimate and main question is : why some years ago there was some activity on the old CW MF band from VE / W, and nothing now ?

Andy. F6CNI.

-----Message d'origine----- From: C. Groeger