Re: LF: Would slower QRSS help?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Would slower QRSS help?
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 12:51:27 -0500 (EST)
Sender: [email protected]
Bob,

nothing at all in Nuernberg last night. There seemed to be no diurnal change in the background noise level, showing that my receiving setup is not sensitive enough yet. Apparently the current LF-VLF diplexer arrangement is too lossy for direct connection to the soundcard, and in addition the ADC noisefloor is a bit higher above 24 kHz (Sigma-Delta noise shaping?). Will try to redesign the circuit and insert a simple preamp tonight.

I have also slowed the grabber window to 424uHz bins, hoping for more long carrier transmissions tonight.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)