Re: LF: WSQ2 new version uploaded

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WSQ2 new version uploaded
From: Tobias DG3LV <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 23:16:04 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Wolf !

just tested (under win7/64): the serial port is not activated (opened) directly after program start, it is opened ONLY after selecting it via the PTT menu. (if you switch to transmit prior to setting the serial port, the audio is generated, but no PTT is activated.)
(= not a problem, just a statement)

suggestion :
K1JT's programs do open the serial port just at the start of each transmit sequence and close the serial port immediately after the end of this transmission. By this feature more than one program can run at a time using the same serial port for PTT, as long as only one program wants to transmit at any time. i.e. you can run WSPR-x and WSJT-x simultaneously without the need to deactivate the (same) serial port of the program that is on receive only. It would be nice if WSQ would behave similar.

small bug : selecting "COM 0" (to deactivate PTT) gives an error message "port unavailable" (,which is true). If any, it should be "PTT deactivated" or similar. PTT is deactivated correctly, though.

WSQ runs ok in standard mode (=w/o synthesizer) without the need of a "setup.txt" file. WSQ does not complain. The Commport selection of setup.txt is for the synthesizer only, not for PTT (?). Don't know if serial port for PTT and for synthesizer are allowed to be identical?

The version from 6. March ran very well during yesterdays WSQ "marathon", i had some fine QSOs. Thank you for your work on WSQ!

73 de dg3lv Tobias