Re: LF: Ant current

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Ant current
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 14:00:37 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=btcpcloud; t=1391360724; bh=NVpgWqvggCTUjEvwQDvHLw1t1taR/THdFDuyPaORYs0=; h=Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Mailer:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=s+p25PdwjhUp73QVIYhfKC+gHj/IjGZA1naU99LdXg5du2l7zVdTt6S2i4q6wTcKmqhAg5jNTUDSrG5kPzDz0gRVK8lK7ASpd3hcmKbtsCSItXoR0HSuRkRP3SaTCLPme7cypavAYSEv2aK6M/MhqCcp2UotKpHcIrYDVG/Ka88=
Sender: [email protected]
Oh yes but I think what you are doing here is merely improving the contact to the ground, which is a small part of the loss. At these wavelength this becomes less important than the conductivity below the atenna and out to the remote, high voltage point (hence biggest proportion of the displacement current)of the antenna.(see theappendix of Peter Dodd's "Low Frequency Experimenters Handbook") Again my measurements show that increased antenna capacity by increasing the top wire loading is more advantageous, provided this couples to the ground and not lossy "environment". I am unable to test this over frozen ground.

Alan
G3NYK
----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefan Schäfer" <[email protected]>