RE: LF: remote antenna tuning

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: remote antenna tuning
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 10:30:07 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan, Clemens, Alan,

the coax is directly connected to the loading coil, no isolating transformer.
About induced currents, that is an option but I have some contra indications:

1. I do measure the same current with a current transformer meter and with a
thermal ampmeter.

2. At resonance I do measure (almost) the same current at both ends of the
coax. The small difference can be explained by the fact that Rant (=
Rrad+Rloss) is 60 Ohm, so a slight mismatch.
Only off resonance the measured currents are different.
After tuning the antenna to resonance (max. current at the antenna base) at 475
kHz I did measure the current at resonance frequency and at the band ends:
- at 475 kHz: 550 mA at both ends of the coax cable
- at 472 kHz: 530 mA at the antenna base / 580 mA at the TX
- at 479 kHz: 530 mA at the antenna base / 520 mA at the TX

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T