Re: LF: Re: HF SWR meters on MF?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: HF SWR meters on MF?
From: pat <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 23:29:25 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
And some of the demos when done at CB clubs in the early days of UK 27Mhz licensing used to frighten the audience when they saw just what "sacrileges" would be committed with "expensive" chicken boxes and "bits of wire"!

Of course, they were always advised "Don't try this at home - unless under the supervision of a responsible adult!"

My favourite will always remain the manufacturers agent who came into our store and attempted to get us to stock "SWAR GREASE" - apparently you could ignore "SWAR" meters, the grease would guarantee a perfect match!

73