Re: LF: AM on 472kHz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: AM on 472kHz
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 14:59:51 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Yes  JIm,  , I seem to  of  started  something   here

There  are  speech  transmission  popping  up  in the  strangest of  place's   , even on 136 Khz !

I thought  from the  xdv post  there was some  form of qrss  level  signal  running mid  band , not  Chris running  low  power  trial !

Apologies  to  Chris over that !   Pete seems to  of taken some  flack  from a  regulatory  stance as  well

however its broken the  ice , if  we can  get Colin  back on board , then  all  is back to  normal

73 -G

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 11:54 PM

Well written Chris

I do think those of us who are all ?hot under the collar? about things on 472 etc would do well to take a step back, a couple of deep breaths, and remember that it?s a hobby.  It is not the ?be all and end all? and it certainly is not worth falling out over.

Good lord, if this was our children in the playground then we?d be giving them a lecture on ?perspective? and ?balance?.  We?d do well to reflect on that ourselves lest we make complete a***s of ourselves.

We?ve only had 472 for some 6 days or 18 if you count the day of the NOV nonsense and it?s caused no end of rows and flounces.   Great Scott!!  Let?s all take a chill pill or in my case a nice slug of single malt and reflect more on how to persuade our largely sub optimal antennae to radiate more (unless you live in Scarborough! Lol  only a joke Mal!) rather than the minutae of political/academic point scoring b***ocks.

I for one have now tamed my USB/interface woes and will be on CW in the morning hopefully with XIZ et al on the morning net at about 0930 or 1000

See you all then and please Gentlemen, let?s relax a little

With my kind regards

Jim G7NKS