Re: LF: 472kHz Band QRSS

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 472kHz Band QRSS
From: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 09:59:15 -0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1357466351; bh=QAEtUL2JrrGf6Igq9VaW7p0W/MMfIy82R4mJ1QPtJHA=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=ONdH8MIXK5xvBgvfcSyiJJAp7hl7Yol2P3hx/ktMBwrkgwkTYS3rZ1mH4AwNjKsbPyLJ+ZUgHYRMvdAhNsgz8vL1OQAj90wabK5hiHkDOHRe3s/85L8VLKXn3yDNQEzooOIE7P45WF/O0AWznvDZo4vHc5H7D7r5A5f/gCgK6Yk=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,
I agree with Mike, XDV, it makes more sense to have QRSS near the band edge, for the reasons stated. I cannot agree with your suggestion that QRSS would cause problems to 'normal' CW operation, filters easily take care of that one! There are also two edges of the band!
I also heard the AM in the middle of the band late afternoon yesterday. It didn't cause a problem here with anything, again, I agree with Chris, XIZ. If anything, it was the other way round, the very strong QRSS carriers were QRMing the AM! A couple of us in this immediate area are planning some QRP AM and will take care not to interfere with others as far as possible. The centre of the band is the logical place to do this.
There will always be the odd rogue who goes totally over the top, there are amateurs near me who regularly and quite openly use powers well in excess of the legal limit on topband. That's life.
Pete, FMT, I really think you have totally lost the plot now. I didn't realise how anti-RSGB you are, but maybe this is not the place to express such exaggerated and blatently absurd opinions? I joined the RSGB last year after several contributors on here suggested I was 'getting a free ride' at their expense.
Vy 73, Chris, G4AYT, Whitstable, JO01MI.