Re: LF: Listened on 472 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Listened on 472 kHz
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:24:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Petr,

Am 14.01.2013 09:28, schrieb Petr Maly:
Hello all,

I can reasonably listen to LF/MF only in my /P QTH. After long long time I could spend almost the whole Saturday by listening on 472 kHz. The only station heard was DL2HRE, see the screenshot. I haven't heard any one else, and no QSO. I believe the conditions would allow the standard two-way CW QSOs easily.
Is the current traffic on 472 kHz really that low?
This weekend i was not QRV on MF because i worked on the MF variometer so i was active on LF. However i saw several CW signals with good strength on my grabber http://www.iup.uni-heidelberg.de/schaefer_vlf/DK7FC_MF_Grabber.html
Certainly there were many QSOs.
But if DL2HRE is received at this strength in DFCW-10 (?) maybe it was not the best time or the local QRM is high? He should be much stronger, i.e. higher SNR in that mode and distance.

Are you all on WSPR?
More than 60 stations were active in WSPR last evening. Be happy that they were not calling CQ in CW to the same time ;-) Most stations can run the PC 24/7 in WSPR but do not find the time for CW. I think WSPR is a good alternative for MF activity when you have other things to do.
Is the activity now splitted amongst 136, 472 and 505 kHz?
136.172 ;-)
Should I listen after sunset instead?
At least it is more promising!

73, Stefan/DK7FC

Is the number of countries with 472 kHz permitted for all still low?

73, Petr, OK1FIG