Re[2]: LF: 477 A local SSB chat band ?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re[2]: LF: 477 A local SSB chat band ?
From: "M5FRA - Colin" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 10:11:19 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1357294293; bh=JCzNrCnGq4Bix8VJbgrgPDKTNkwf+dTwjFpY9r1yXWE=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Content-Type:In-Reply-To:Message-Id:Mime-Version:Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Antivirus:X-Antivirus-Status; b=6IW/0qq2Xcy10YsLtPcVgqDzSnxUFLkXq5IgJFMcJqQ1uhils77fp92R7+cYuaw9Cz9ki6wHN3rju8t63nRFE7/FnAH02XbOcXV5H5wXj1yrZ5u9Kh5ce0YLxOCQqNUNQ3ALM+YzzT+Tn9pt1h9vMalEuM7UW/wspqTMpTnsvtE=
Sender: [email protected]
Chris,

"obsessive DX CW only enthusiasts" on 630m?  No of course not!  You could easily argue that taking up a lot of bandwidth for a voice modes is excessive use of the limited space we have. Then there are the arguments about 'gentle agreements". There is a lot of evidence on the bands to show that there are either 1) very few gentlemen around or 2) nobody cares about such agreements. Then there is the deliberate flouting of license conditions (the law) e.g. running way over the legal power limits usually predicated by 'it is just to level the playing field'.  I just cannot see it working and the chaos that chaos would result.

Colin - G8FRA/M5FRA