Was Stefans RE: LF: JT9-10 @ 474 +1400

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Was Stefans RE: LF: JT9-10 @ 474 +1400
From: Laurence KL1 X <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:43:45 -0900
Sender: [email protected]

 I think "closed" is a difficult term - weve not had any "good" meaning outstanding conditions to anywhere this MF/LF season, comparable to that week when you came in daily last year  - so far and certainly nothing to the US Eastern coast and over the Pole - even to Japan has been daily variable - got that lead shield just North of the Canadian border...but Im looking with all my might :-)

Even the friendly local low power NDB on 510kHz up in Fairbanks has been missing - not sure why just daily topping up with Solar gusty stuff and near nightly weakish/medium Green Aurora to the North. Still the Dst isnt too bad - I think everything just has to line up right to make the path work and we havent been there yet. The sun just needs to shut down for a while by a % or two

Name that mode and Ill take a look aor and Ill fire up - I am one rx down at the moment but can look at 500/137 simultaneously - omni or directional - the tuning unit has 0.4m of snow on it and is currently sitting out of the sun around -30C .

 Still it is pretty  out of the shack window http://kl7uk.com/WE2.jpg

Laurence KL 1 X
Wasilla Palmer Alaska