Re: LF: JT9-10 @ 474 +1400

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: JT9-10 @ 474 +1400
From: Joe Taylor <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:47:17 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Laurence, Steinar, and all,

On 12/17/2012 5:15 PM, Laurence KL1 X wrote:
Steinar I was getting some reasonable syncs but appeared not
stable enough - so that confirms it :-) Laurence KL 1 X

LA5VNA wrote:
Thanks Tobias. The conclusion is clear , my system in NOT stable enough
when using JT9-10. Pity , but that's life ;(

Please send me an example of a JT9-10 file that seems like it should have decoded, but did not. NOBODY has yet done so. I am reasonably sure that small amounts of frequency drift can be detected and adequately compensated in software... but I can't do it without some typical examples.

If you know it, it will help to have, along with the file, the message that was being transmitted.

Note to all: I am presently working on a version or WSPR that will allow transmissions of length 10 (or 15?) and 30 minutes, with other features like the traditional WSPR. Sensitivity should be as good as the WSPR-8 and WSPR-32 tests made by Marcus (and others).

        -- 73, Joe, K!JT