LF: Re: M0BMU mods to the G0MRF PA

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: M0BMU mods to the G0MRF PA
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 16:31:00 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Warren
I have used Litz wire, for the application that you describe, plus other different types of wire around 3mm thick and it makes no noticeable difference since there is so little wire involved.
I have not tried the current fed amplifier. I have used the voltage class D and it works fb also Class E which also works very well but it is critical to set up but there after very reliable and probably more stable than a D type
The Decca amps with FETS in bridge configuration and a TANK coil resonated at the frequency of interest is very stable and reliable
You have a great choice.
73 es gl de mal/g3kev