Re: LF: FT-241A xtals?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: FT-241A xtals?
From: Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:41:28 +1100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=85dwxldbb7MdkR6JUGlpGYSnKOVZ3mWuE8sjbjm6bAU=; b=ZvL20Oek2Opm/QDNDCc20wiFyeZg1Dt//xqVT1uz730wdjurpm2XIpWv/yqqO/Agry Gcdq24AYyaTvOxQK96B73Kdnz9xSKzwtJkU769X1IJJ4rakj+I+FBgquoj0H7De3L4N4 dSWdrHcO1ECCI7WDRfXQLxTyj1GgpMNIPE4CgCRPyVrnP7MI7NQPqca59JYWWoiZF0Z+ 6NWBFNuNKfHb1QxwvzADMck839t8r+WKi4ekWcocgNjvMvF4QwhUI5SfeTdW75FerCvc L3Ubg4oQJz4Au2HDwWq0lH3nKixDn4B9uiKkibN9Q6a1huHNveQZjLRE/0ryz5tLXmcD JJmg==
Sender: [email protected]
I am glad you found the eBay seller and your project is about to be
revived. A VFO, as David G4DMP mentioned before, is also another valid
option. It shouldn't be too hard to make a VFO stable enough for 472
kc, even if it is a valve one! As a test, I built a VFO for 7 Mc using
a 6C4 oscillator and a 6AG7 as a BA - it was perfectly good for CW
work.

I hope we can exchange more technical information about both projects
here. Maybe this will be a source of inspration for others that have
considered the possibility of using valves for a 472 kc transmitter.

73, Dimitris VK1SV