Re: LF: FT-241A xtals?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: FT-241A xtals?
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:19:00 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Dimitrios,

Yes lets share ideas and progess, hope I managed to get any crystals (very odd way of ordering and I don't know if I actually got any yet). There is already one mighty fine built example on the net, but no schematic provided:

http://www.cchidgey.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/500_KHz.html

On a side note there seems to have been a goldrush after those X-tals because now there is suddenly only one channel available within the band giving 473.6kHz but this is very close to NDB SA lower sideband at 473.5kHz.

BR

Paul-Henrik, OH1LSQ

Quoting Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]>:

I am glad you found the eBay seller and your project is about to be
revived. A VFO, as David G4DMP mentioned before, is also another valid
option. It shouldn't be too hard to make a VFO stable enough for 472
kc, even if it is a valve one! As a test, I built a VFO for 7 Mc using
a 6C4 oscillator and a 6AG7 as a BA - it was perfectly good for CW
work.

I hope we can exchange more technical information about both projects
here. Maybe this will be a source of inspration for others that have
considered the possibility of using valves for a 472 kc transmitter.

73, Dimitris VK1SV