Re: LF: WSPR on LF

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR on LF
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 23:59:49 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
> where are you? :-)
... 20 Hz above you ;-)

Yesterday I finally got WSPR 2.11 working in IQ-mode with the FiFi-SDR on MF. Today I changed back to LF (which is 0.1355 MHz dial and 2000 Hz BFO here) and got fine decodes, but no uploads, with a persistant error message "frequency changed no upload of spots". Tried all sorts of different settings (which is time consuming) but didn't succeed - anyone out there who has seen and solved this? Now back to WSPR 2.0 with same parameters, running just fine.

Yesterday one neighbour had a nearby large pine tree chopped off, and now I find my antenna current boosted from 3.4 to 4.1 amps!

Frequent DF6NM grabber watchers are probably familiar with a QRM line which appeared on 136.9 kHz same hours each day. A portable RX pointed towards a source in one other neighbour's house, and last weekend I finally found the courage to knock on their door. When I mentioned the regular on and off times, my neighbour identified the flourescent lights of her fish tank! She allowed me to fix it, and I found a chopper based on a "smart controller" chip (Infineon ICB1FL02G), running at 45.6 kHz fundamental. Changing a frequency-setting resistor to push the beast to 41.5 kHz, plus retrofitting a three-wire cable and plug, cleared this one for good.

Best 73,
Markus (DF6NM)

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:46 PM

Oh yes, let us all make a MEGA activity on LF tonite, just like the last
weekend on MF. That was really fine and impressing for all involved, i
assume.

Markus, Albert, Roland, Roger, Eddie, where are you? :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC