Re: LF: UA0SNV

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: UA0SNV
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 01:16:52 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Am 12.09.2012 00:50, schrieb Graham:
Interesting

JA , only  a  few  more  CM  on the  map  :- )
But the RX station must have excellent low local noise levels, which may be a bit harder in Tokyo city.

Looking  on the map  the  Path to  VK passes the  east  coast  of the  Med ,   India , Indonesia   and once past  Saudi , then  its  a  water  path ..  the signal at    4x1   must be a  good  indication  as  to  that  path  ?
I think not really. 4X is much to close to say something about a 12000+ km path. Local QRN conds may be quite different.
The thing is also that i'm profiting from the sunny side on the backside of the receive station, when a detection is achieved just before the sunrise on the RX side. Detections in VK have always been to that time for me. But 4X is in the middle of the dark period to that time and can receive QRN from anywhere...
It was the same effect in OP32, one hour ago. UA0SNV got an SNR as good as e.g. R7NT because the sunrise was very close in UA0. The one and only chance in one night.

Last  year  , there  was  136  rx in India ? , these  where  good  signals  ?  but that  was a  temporary  station ?
Oh, Markus did the effort to set up a website, see http://df6nm.bplaced.net/LF/vu_df6nm/

what  about  Reunion   island , there  is ros / opera  activity  from there , may  be LF could  email and  ask  ?
Yes, that would be a good job for you! :-)
I've done the same procedure with YV7MAE, that's why we have a monitoring station in SA now, the one and only so far! A nice project but you'll need to invest much time to really convince people.

Pity you  stopped  sending  , I see  Jose  is  monitoring   136 OP32
I saw that and started again. Hopefully he is patient. There was no success in the first attempt. Not sure about his RX on LF?
But UA0AET got even better results: 23:14    136 DK7FC de UA0AET Op32 5330 km -32 dB in Krasnoyarsk
I'll go on for 1 or 2 sequences, as long as EA5HVK is monitoring...

73, Stefan/DK7FC