Re: LF: MF PA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF PA
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 23:18:21 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Christian,

OK, that sounds not to bad. However 10W may be a bit high without a load. I would guess there may be a non-optimal gate voltage or a small overlap time in which both FETs are conducting.
Never mind. As long as the PA works now it's fine.

Will you be on the band tonite?

Currently i'm attempting to get a first OP32 decode on 137 kHz at UA0SNV which is 5760km over land. Not so easy... After the sunrise at UA0SNV i'll be on MF to test a new band pass filter that i was building today. Probably that's to late to expect any activity then. But if you want to try again, i would also build up the TX part, not only the RX...

73, Stefan/DK7FC

Hi Stefan,
Ok, I recognized the problem with the foto and had to resend my mail without:-)
Meanwhile my tx is back on the air.
I think the methode with the bulb is ok for mf as it works also well on sw
bands.
Key down without load?
In this case I have an Input of only 10 watts versus 120 with load...
Transformer stays at very moderate temperature even when I operate with 25
volts/25 amperes.
Before I used t130-2 which got very hot..
73, df5qg
Christian Groeger