Re: LF: Re: Caps for Class-E amp

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Caps for Class-E amp
From: Dimitrios Tsifakis <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 10:34:07 +1000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=X7EW9ASQGrCQ8M8WmhW/SANT/X5+Z8qohWST4t2FUTE=; b=PdFYByg0K/eB505j0yymFJ2UqhLxuPB4qYyqeDuIXg4Vtoy3DxRVu+OBHLXqrQU2RB uudBwDF48S4PLw5sL1gPpgAflF0pPRqGHu0tZexG4vbx7Vku9rnRIY0rblsGCMg5Gh51 mRy8O4kPTtu/jElgfACnSrZGZ1qABgVkyRRsJr0u1dD+ntnnZzsJy5HRUPLdez24VFQf 7bCvfUwJeOKYYKjJH7Azl2qDxn1VkUIo6drzXfZvn8QPrqWbd09tFGhzvYpXLVCSMrK8 dy8jzHeQR7oC7KK9BcVaSZWe8N2H+QaV3HHrsJw6FK5ThumUuYYnrNtkhrdcVfn+jV8w 1OJg==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Alan,

thanks for the tip, I will keep an eye open for RIFA PHE428 or PHE450
which seems to be the newer version of that capacitor type.

In my PA, I used two .1 uF caps in series to make .05 uF, then three
of these in parallel to make .15 uF hoping that the currents will be
distributed, however I think, once one of them gave up the ghost, the
others immediatelly followed suit, so I ended up with one in every
two-in-series capacitor being busted.

By the way, that self-healing effect is quite useful if you ever want
to create a bunch of lower value caps with non standard values :-) I
now have a77 nF, 45 nF, 16 nF and even a 0.3 nF out of my .1 caps! I
am kidding of course. :-)

73, Dimitris VK1SV