Re: LF: OPERA Question

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: OPERA Question
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 13:17:38 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
As I see it, for normal rigs the SSB mode is convenient, but if you had a
rig with a BFO swing between 0  - 2 khz and position it around 1.5 Khz then
that  would work in the CW position and have the advantages of narrow cw
filters.
Some of the old RA17 receivers had a BFO swing of 4 Khz to interface with
some external MODEMS that needed an offset of 3 Khz.
If you could find an amateur receiver that had a suitable bfo offset then
the CW position would work better.
Opera could probably be redesigned for an ofset of maybe 800 Hz and could
then be used in the normal way in CW RX mode

g3kev