Re: LF: OPERA Question

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: OPERA Question
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:33:26 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Ok Mike

AGC , yes 'off' is the preferred mode , to enable the full range of the dsp to be used . wide/no agc feels a bit odd but that's the recommended setting's ...better still go SDR , but there are limits , I brought one of the £10 donglels , last weekend , monitoring CR repeater on 433.150 , using HDSDR , the dongle gave better reception than the FT-897 ... some things are better not known .. : (

I found a odd thing , with the RA1778 and the RA6790 , if the AGC was set to 'short' then the IMD level shown on PSK31 was something like 10 dB worse , than with the AGC set to medium/long or off. The agc was following the modulation envelope and flat-topping the signal ...

This coming winter should be action packed on MF / LF , its mid summer and 500 is full already !

73 -G.