Re: LF: LF OP32 to VK??

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: LF OP32 to VK??
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 21:06:03 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

''Coupled with this, there are relatively short periods of very good
conditions amongst the QSB which could be taken advantage of by a
faster speed.''

Mike,

That's the $64,000 question , is there enough burst time in the cycle to exceed the -40 dB lower threshold , but -40 is the average along the time line , like stocks and shares the signal can move up and down , round this point , the same dsp engine is decoding at -50 dB at 4 hours in the experimental 8KHz mode , still waiting for MAL to sort his licence out (HIHI) we have the 600 ft loop this side of the hill.

I believe the path loss is in the order of 40 dB , so who knows , Gary crossed the Atlantic with 300 watts to a 30 ft top loaded vertical, using OP8 ,looking at the screen captures 10 dB variation in signal can be seen

But I think there will be a lot of stations tuned in during the tests, what ever the outcome !

73 -Graham