LF: Analog oscillators [Vackar]

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Analog oscillators [Vackar]
From: "Dave G3WCB." <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 11:48:53 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btopenworld.com; s=s1024; t=1341571786; bh=kDf9AjQ3PQ8eKn+mKgVY5oq5WtlyquYodnaYvkOiFg8=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE:Importance; b=lAnGjc5yFdFGOfJNj/Rj7/yL2ujpc7smeFqMULKDowavo7BZa4BKAhZy2wM3hetZWB0Q1CkdyyWonuHTDxvOyCJ+rOL+871tZhjbqaHb6JNddX8henh1k0Zi5Om855PXQK2K1cnh16Y/BXSx6G/FoBdIJ0inJwribChW5w369fs=
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:X-MimeOLE:Importance; b=cMznlkUdHug4jJco9nryUH7s7dvHsZLsT+VQRiA5jIRZuOJbXJJseBNT7EsNzFEJ6R8+Bb2Zz86qD19liAeOdOw9c+Bjy1Vke/awMFqwWzfn84grR1CIODVuwCLUVoKaPdCt/0pr/oRcDSIpJeUEsS5cC7oQSJEl2mh8EzYW12s= ;
Sender: [email protected]
Hi, Group, Pete,

I never bothered with the "Tempatrimmer", although if you come across one at a junk-sale it's probably worth picking it up. You can fine-trim the oscillator temperature response by selecting between positive temperature-coeffecient or NTC capacitors. Shouldn't be necessary for work on MF.

The tips about mechanical stability, etc, are still relevant today, even for PLL and varactor-tuned designs.

73, Dave G3WCB IO91RM