Re: LF: Re: Open Sauce

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Open Sauce
From: pat <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 20:16:30 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
It would seem, Mal, that not all are unable to read files in alternative
formats.

The underlying OS adds virtually no cost to the PC'S I use, I run
similar applications across a number of machines. Each time I build
another PC I install an OS and a range of applications with a choice of
window managers and desktops. Updating and upgrading is readily
available and it's all free. In retirement and with limited funds, this
is an important consideration. Often there is a distribution of Linux
that will breath new life into an old, slow, limited resource PC that
might otherwise end up as junk

Just as you have your oft-stated idiosyncratic views, so do I. A couple
of my machines DO also run flavours of Windows as an easy way to run
some older legacy software and for mainly historic and nostalgic reasons
I still have DOS and 5.25ins floppy capability.

--
73 es gd dx de Pat G4GVW, Nr Felixstowe, East Coast, UK