LF: Open Sauce

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Open Sauce
From: pat <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 13:53:08 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I was trying to make a point in a humourous fashion but seem to have
sparked an interesting debate.

Operating systems may be judged in many ways - rather like a
multi-course meal. One's favourite dish may not suit the other diners
for a variety of reasons.

What I strongly resent (and I hope more PC component manufacturers,
vendors and users will too) is the threat that Microsoft are attempting
in their quest for dominance. It is a restrictive practice and the thin
end of an insidious wedge intended to remove competitiveness. It will
also in the opinion of many industry pundits remove an incentive to
further development of personal computing and connectivity. Arguments
that running virtual machines within Windows are not an answer.

Strangely, it is reported that Microsoft are major contributors to the
Linux kernel! One wonders why?

--
73 es gd dx de Pat G4GVW, Nr Felixstowe, East Coast, UK