LF: IEEE488

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: IEEE488
From: "Martin Evans" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 17:11:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

I've got a R&S APN62 sig genny, 1Hz to 260Hz synthesised, which I'm thinking of using as a signal source for a 137kHz TX.

I would like to key this from a QRSS program on a computer.

The only control input on the APN62 is a IEEE488 interface.

I know nothing about IEEE488 so can anyone tell me whether keying the output via this is possible? If it isn't, it will save me a lot of time learning about IEEE488 needlessly!

If it IS possible, could anyone point me towards some VERY simple info that could start me on my journey of discovery?

Thanks.

Martin GW3UCJ