Re: LF: IEEE488

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: IEEE488
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 19:37:21 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

It may be possible , IEEE cards for PC are available on ebay , originally it was complimentary to HP basic, and used the HP range of PC's with addressed card slots .. allowed you to construct a automated system from discrete items of equipment ..HP unless you hacked your own control card , going back to 1972 is the first I remember , linked to HP neon nixie tubed DVM and Counter / timer , with a IEEE>GEC re-hash on the back ,

The IEEE drivers (Instrument set up frame) should be downloadable from the R&S web site , as to qrss , you would need to interface with the HP-basic control programme , read a switch/button or line voltage , I dont think it would be simple to bridge .but you could set up a series of carrier on.off timed commands in basic , but its a big task for a task that is covered by other software

unless for example the LCD display has finally washed out and the IEEE is the only way to set the instrument up , in which case its quite simple , just run the set-up frame and control from the pc in remote mode , a useful second life !

73 -G..