Re: LF: New Argo

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: New Argo
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:43:03 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID574qcoVrg5968X40
On 3/15/2012 5:56 PM, Chris wrote:
Yes, tried running in 'NDB slow', but it still locks up so you can't change anything, not even close it down!
Not to worry, new computer next Christmas, maybe.
Thanks and vy 73,
Chris, G4AYT (not Gary!).
Hi Chris (sorry for the wrong name...),

  maybe with the changes I have in mind the CPU requirements of Argo will be lower.
Presently the DSP stuff is done at a 6 kHz sampling rate (after the downsampling), and
at 11052 Hz for the NDB mode. This will change, as I will do a translation of the spectrum,
and a downsampling to a rate fast just enough to accommodate the viewable range.
This will bring down the CPU load as a side effect. the primary goal is to allow to receive
the 8.97 kHz band and the SAQ transmissions by connecting directly the antenna to the
sound card.

73  Alberto  I2PHD