Re: LF: New Argo

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: New Argo
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 12:02:48 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID007qcoLcY7568X38
On 3/15/2012 8:42 AM, Chris wrote:
Having thought all was well I find it is not. When running in NDB mode I find it wont allow any changes e.g. sensitivity, and wont even let me shut it down.
The cursor refuses to change. It is OK at slower modes, QRSS3 etc., providing I start it running in that mode.
I checked the processor use and it says 100%. I am beginning to think the new version uses a lot more processing than my old computer can manage.
No problem with the old version.
Guess the only solution to this one is a new computer!
Thanks for the zip file, much easier to deal with from my point of view.
Hi Gary,

  yes, the CPU "eaten" by this version of Argo is greater than the old version, as the waterfall computations must be done on
a much greater number of pixels.  And in NDB mode the whole process must be repeated many times per second...

Have you tried to set the speed to "Slow", when in NDB mode, this before pressing the Start button ?
I tested it also on an Atom mainboard, with Win 7 64 bits, not a particularly fast computer, on the contrary...
but it runs without problems even there.

73  Alberto  I2PHD