Re: LF: RE: OPERA and QRS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: OPERA and QRS
From: qrss <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 13:06:51 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Rik

I am glad you used the word fair, I have been trying to avoid it. my first though when viewing my TX sending QRS3, then OPERA was, and is every time I look, this is not fair.

Yes digital modes are allowed FEC, as Andy says QRS is allowed the brain which is far more powerful than the computer, surely it is unfair to ask for longer bit time to compensate for repetition, let QRS be repeated 4 times at QRS1.024. No need in my test transmission though I think.......unless someone would like it.

The PA7RIS idea sounds OK but again would not be fair as the full capability of OPERA would not be used so favouring QRS. Only YQ0YQY will do, oh no, now every one knows the code call.

73 Eddie