Re: VLF: WOLF??

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: VLF: WOLF??
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 02:52:27 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Bill and Jim,

Thanks for making some things clear. I didn't spend to much attention to that mode so far. I won't use it on LF (ockay, never say never) but on VLF it may be interesting for me. The reason is, as recently explained, that stations can wait until a decode appears. If the signal level is strong (due to low distance and/or a nice RX location), a first decode appears after a short while and if its weaker, it takes a bit longer ;-) ...as if the bandwidth of a QRSS window becomes smaller and smaller with time, instead of scrolling. Not so easy to explain at 2:30 AM ;-)

OK about the BW limiting issue. I think on VLF this is really no problem.