Re: LF: BIG EARS Grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: BIG EARS Grabber
From: Bill de Carle <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:49:10 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

CFH is about 30 dB over S9 here 1000 Km inland! They're on 170 Khz, right smack in the middle of the 2700-Hz USB passband I use to cover the 2 LF intervals I usually grab. I gave up and went back to one 500-Hz narrow IF filter just below them. Even so their sidebands are reducing Rx sensitivity. I don't understand how they can be quiet for months then start up again and run for days on end. About time their budget was cut I say!
Bill VE2IQ