Re: LF: BIG EARS Grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: BIG EARS Grabber
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:41:34 -0330 (NST)
Sender: [email protected]

No sign of CFH now 0108 utc.  Are they QRT?  DCF39 is very loud.
VO1NA is on 137.777 DFCW 75 and  very grateful to all those who
provided reports.

73
Joe

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012, Bill de Carle wrote:

CFH is about 30 dB over S9 here 1000 Km inland! They're on 170 Khz, right smack in the middle of the 2700-Hz USB passband I use to cover the 2 LF intervals I usually grab. I gave up and went back to one 500-Hz narrow IF filter just below them. Even so their sidebands are reducing Rx sensitivity. I don't understand how they can be quiet for months then start up again and run for days on end. About time their budget was cut I say!
Bill VE2IQ