RE: LF: BIG EARS Grabber

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: BIG EARS Grabber
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:00:03 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan - seeing strong signals from the West coast and some others up in AK this evening and just switched the array to Omni . Even with pretty Aurora...should be an interesting night - seeing another signal LF of yours too. Dang cold to freeze exposed parts at home tonight with temps below -30C

I was looking back at some of the emails and trying to figure out when Paths from K5 Oklahoma to AsiaPac South Island ZL were available and from what I can tell from early October thru till March signals were seen, according to Mike ZL4OL- now from Eu to ZL is a different kettle of Lutafisk and Herring - so at least  5 months of the year under good conditions the path from here in Oklahoma to ZL was Open on 137 - Appx 3 W ERP max did the job from my back of a fag packet (the English form) from memory.

This one from Feb 2004 (geepers)
"XDW was good copy last night from 0900 till 1215utc. The signal was readable
even with 30 second dot settings for much of that time.
No other signals were seen except for possible traces just above 137778.

Mike ZL4OL"

Laurence KL7UK KL1 X G4DMA