Re: LF: opera 137 beacon going

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: opera 137 beacon going
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:42:05 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Roger
The ultimate satisfaction for a radio amateur is to construct the TX/RX and have the ability and skill to send/receive manual morse then communicate with fellow radio amateurs near and far and have a two way communication. Even more exciting with a QRP rig when you get a reply from Rara Tonga in the Pacific
All the other appliance operator data modes are fun but in the end the operator is only observing a machine at work.
Over the years I have tried most of the alternative data modes around and had a BBS GB7KEV running for years on both VHF es HF
Packet, Amtor, Pactor, RTTY, PSK etc  and the newer more recent modes but there is no substitute for the real think like a home built rig and able to pound a morse key.
 73 de mal/g3kev