Re: LF: Good pole vaulting...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Good pole vaulting...
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:30:33 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Laurence,

Propagation on the NDB band to Canada has been excellent the last week.
However, propagation has been very directive.
At one time I could hear stations in Quebec 5800 km away, whilst stations in the 4500 - 5000 km range were inaudible.

The path to Alert has been also good, but last night it was way down compared to previous days. So your suggestion of a different horizontal reception angle might be correct. The reason I stick to an omni-directional antenna is that the path of arrival is irrelevant.

73,
Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt