LF: Fw: TA CONDX/QSO

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Fw: TA CONDX/QSO
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:32:30 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:22 PM
Subject: TA CONDX/QSO

Dex
At this time of year and for the next few weeks anyone around EU with an output of 1W erp or more should be audible on the East coast USA if the RX stn has a proper antenna for the job. Seeing traces on a screen using Micro whips. ferrite rods and small loops in QRS 60 - 6000 is completely different to copying aural CW.   In the past I have been heard on CW in NA east coast and likewise those with large antennas in EU/UK will hear the USA/Canadian stns. When I listen I often hear W/VE stns both on LF es MF, strong enough for QSO. Unfortunately it is hard to co ordinate a QSO these days when most operators BEACON only and report via email, this was not the case several years ago, the majority were in QSO mode working split freq duplex and QSX on HF. As I see it the possibility of having a LF or MF QSO at present is NIL

De mal/g3kev