Re: LF: Lack of Interference Problems

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Lack of Interference Problems
From: Warren Ziegler <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 14:16:23 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=yes6O6Hoile/N8cwA+AW1RbHBD4Fq9czKxT+v6cfje0=; b=DKEcdptnBszdWi8OUoiNTYKRyXUWu9dyvus8PBtpFFR+ufsYcOIGqRMTKOAUOOLkFi zvFPdWJBWwAiNo11jrTvcfQ8/CoI5MjolHp5lIzSI0U7CCashel9ROVWJ2gAs2025C+v wC/i8eaPVRzCgYYHlEN7gujxEAu3giGBqAAII=
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Tracey,

       Yes all very true. But you must add to that the fact that
almost nobody uses NDBs anymore except for radio hobbyists.
A couple of years ago an NDB on 510kHz in Nebraska was off the air for
months at a time, someone on the LWCA reflector enquired at the
airport and was told that the NDB had most likely been retired.  I
followed up with the NDB owner (the FAA) to see if they wanted to sell
the transmitter as surplus. Well they were surprised to find out it
was off the air, no one had reported it!
Within an hour following my call the NDB appeared back on the air!  It
took a radio enthusiast (as opposed to a pilot) to notice that it was
off and report it!

--
73 Warren K2ORS
                WD2XGJ