LF: Dual mode test MFSK/ROS

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Dual mode test MFSK/ROS
From: John GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 15:16:28 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Graham, Gary, LF

I've had MFSK4 running (with a few interruptions) for a few hours now,
and no sign of reports from stations to the south!

I've just hooked up a second RX on 500.000kHz dial feeding audio to the
netbook running ROS - in RX only mode.

I'll continue to send MFSK4 beacon - now with a 3 minute gap between
each transmission - on dial 502.4 / AF 1kHz (the antenna is tuned at
the top end of the band at present)

Fldigi is set to report via PSKReporter - so any MFSK4 spots I get
should become visible via the web.

In parallel I'll listen (and report via ROS/PsKreporter) for ROS
 MF2/MF7 on the standard 500 dial QRG.

Interested to see if I can receive signals from either/both modes over
the oncoming transition to darkness.

Regards,

John
GM4SLV