Re: LF: Re: Re: Turbine magnets

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: Turbine magnets
From: "Hugh_m0wye" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:29:10 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
And another thing ...
We are all familiar with the inverse square law, where the signal strength diminishes with the square of distance. This only applies to a point source, because the signal is distributed over a sphere.

If you have a linear source (such as the sound from a busy road, for example) the level falls linearly, because the sound is distributed over the surface of a cylinder. I assume the same holds for power lines, meaning that the received signal strength at a distance from them would be much greater than with a point source at the same distance.

We notice this particularly living in a quiet village - you can usually hear the noise of the M20, which is two miles away :-(

73
Hugh M0WYE
<END RANT>