LF: SAQ

To: <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: SAQ
From: Laurence KL7UK <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 09:42:05 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
SAQ was very weak into Alaska during a PCA event on the 5th Aug - many dBs down from the 3rd July and some 30+dB from the Winter broadcasts. I wasnt able to decode any of the morse (signal at or way below noise for most of the time) but as the path traverses the Auroral oval twice it was good to see anything at all. Interestingly DHO38 my target of choice on this transpolar path "HF" of SAQ  wasnt attenuated that much and shows nearly a flat signal level over the 24hr period this time of year - but again some 30dB on peak Winter levels.

http://kl7uk.com/saqaug5th.jpg

73 Laurence KL7UK remotely operated from 5